UCLA Extension Entertainment Studies Film Festival 2018 Selections!
Congratulations to the filmmakers whose films have been selected to screen at UCLAxFilmFest 2018!
A Series of Unfortunate Dates – Directed by Aleix Massot
And What Have You Done? – Written and Directed by David Guevara
Crossroads – Written and Directed by Marvin Nuecklas
Enedina’s Nativity – Directed by Alejandro Mendoza-Irbanna
Exile – Directed by Keegan Uhl
Going First – Written and Directed by Tracy Jarvis
Hello, Mom! – Produced by Elena Aksenova
Hey Girl! Teach Me How to Ollie – Directed by Yuhan Lin
How to Watch a Movie – Written and Directed by Ryan Mazzei
Strangers in the Park – Written and Directed by Gabriel De Santiago
Streetlights – Written and Directed by Patricia Santana
The Bachelorette Party – Written and Produced by Kelly Campbell
The Director’s Treatment – Written and Directed by Heinz Kobernik
The Inkstone – Written and Directed by Eris Zhao
Zoe + Ari – Written by Elise Zell
UCLA Extension Entertainment Studies Film Festival
About the Festival:
UCLA Extension’s Entertainment Studies program presents the third annual UCLAxFilmFest! The festival is designed to showcase the best short films by our current and previous Entertainment Studies students.
UCLAxFilmFest 2018 will feature a selection of student short films, followed by an industry panel and awards ceremony.
Application Deadline for Film Submissions: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Film Festival Date: Saturday, May 12th, 2018
Submission Requirements & Guidelines:
- You must have taken at least one (1) class with UCLA Extension Entertainment Studies within the last five (5) years
- Your film must be 15 minutes or less (including credits)
- You must be the writer, director, or producer of the film you are submitting
- You must include with your submission a jpeg file of your film’s poster or a trailer for your film no longer than 30 seconds
- Your film must have been completed within five (5) years of the festival date
- All non-English films must have English subtitles
- We highly recommend your film be 5.1 surround sound encoded
- Filmmakers may only submit one (1) film
- We will not accept films that have received distribution in the United States of America prior to the date of the festival
- Notifications are done via e-mail only
Please read the full 2018 Festival Rules before submitting your film.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
Best Unique and Artistic Film
Entertainment Studies Staff Pick
The winner of each award will receive free enrollment for any one (1) UCLA Extension class in any department. The winner of “Best Film” may use their one (1) free enrollment toward the Independent Study program where the winner will have the opportunity to work on his or her own film projects under the mentorship of a UCLA Extension instructor. The Festival may add additional award categories, to be announced during the submission window.
- Application Form & Film Submission (due 3/1/2018) — Complete the Application Form via Film Freeway and submit it by 11:59pm on March 1, 2018 (no late applications will be accepted). You will be required to include with your submission a poster as a jpeg or a downloadable trailer that is no longer than 30 seconds in length.
- Filmmaker Application Screening Process — After you have submitted your application via FilmFreeway, our team will review your submission to ensure it meets the eligibility requirements, which may take up to two (2) business days. If the eligibility requirements are satisfied, we will send you an email notifying you that your film is officially being considered for the festival.
- Acceptance Notifications — If your film is chosen to be screened at the festival, you will be notified via e-mail by April 13, 2018.