About the Festival:
UCLA Extension’s Entertainment Studies program presents the fourth annual UCLAxFilmFest! The festival is designed to showcase the best short films by our current and previous Entertainment Studies students.
UCLAxFilmFest 2019 will feature a selection of student short films, followed by an industry panel and awards ceremony.
Application Deadline for Film Submissions: Sunday, March 3, 2019
Film Festival Date: Saturday, May 4th, 2019
Submission Requirements & Guidelines:
- You must have taken at least one (1) class with UCLA Extension Entertainment Studies or Screenwriting within the last five (5) years
- Your film must be 15 minutes or less (including credits)
- You must be the writer, director, or producer of the film you are submitting
- You must include with your submission a jpeg file of your film’s poster or a trailer for your film no longer than 30 seconds
- Your film must have been completed within five (5) years of the festival date
- All non-English films must have English subtitles
- We highly recommend your film be 5.1 surround sound encoded
- Filmmakers may only submit one (1) film
- We will not accept films that have received distribution in the United States of America prior to the date of the festival
- Notifications are done via e-mail only
Please read the full 2019 Festival Rules before submitting your film.
To Be Announced
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
Best Unique and Artistic Film
Entertainment Studies Staff Pick
The winner of each award will receive free enrollment for any one (1) UCLA Extension class in any department. The winner of “Best Film” may use their one (1) free enrollment toward the Independent Study program where the winner will have the opportunity to work on his or her own film projects under the mentorship of a UCLA Extension instructor. The Festival may add additional award categories, to be announced during the submission window.
- Application Form & Film Submission (due 3/3/2019)— Complete the Application Form via Film Freeway and submit it by 11:59pm on March 3, 2019 (no late applications will be accepted). You will be required to include with your submission a poster as a jpeg or a downloadable trailer that is no longer than 30 seconds in length.
- Filmmaker Application Screening Process— After you have submitted your application via FilmFreeway, our team will review your submission to ensure it meets the eligibility requirements, which may take up to two (2) business days. If the eligibility requirements are satisfied, we will send you an email notifying you that your film is officially being considered for the festival.
- Acceptance Notifications— If your film is chosen to be screened at the festival, you will be notified via e-mail by April 12, 2019.